Saturday, March 18, 2017

Sunday Longish 20ks

Wet and blustery morning and I wasn't sure if it was for the return of Laura James or the fact Enda had hired a bus load full of Irish just to come to give me grief after his boys took us out in the rugby? Still it was the biggest Sunday turnout for the year and great to see Jerome & Leech patch things up, Rich Large, Laura, The Sweaty (Craig), Razor, Branagan Bros, and 'Elvis' (Costello) all tagging along.
Usual easy 6ks to start as we wadded through the puddles before the 10k loop at 4.38 pace then tried to rally a small team for a final flat 4k loop. Not much joy on that front apart from Rich & Jerome for about 800m before dropping and the surprise packet 'Elvis' who was about 30m ahead all the way as I was happy with my 3.58 pace
90 minutes all up averaging 4.33s for just under 20ks.
Retreated for a coffee post run with Leech, Jerome and Laura. Great to have the 'Shire' lass back running with us again after a spell on the sidelines.
No sign of Birch, Taffy, Jeet, or Enda again this morning? - worried about them boys.

Rest day tomorrow, but may head for a swim and I know I'm fighting a losing battle in these conditions but I'll try to persuade Crossy Lad to join me.

Photo from some of the team this morning.

Jerome, Timmy, Laura, Eoin, Champ and 'Elvis' - Rob Costello on his last run with us before heading home to Ireland today.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment