Friday, March 3, 2017

Jock, Paddy and an Englishman Running.

Worked in the city so took the opportunity to hang around after to join in the lunchtime run. With heavy showers around it meant only the smallest of turnouts that included Craig Wiseman (Jock), Marko Branagan (Paddy) and myself as we set off around the Domain, Quay and Barangaroo at a nice easy pace.
Plenty of chat along the way and with Marko starting to show some good form in training I thought I'd ask when he was going to put it on the line in a race?  After much deliberation we locked in April Striders and of course I didn't miss the opportunity to get a wager on with the 'Talented' Branagan.
Didn't have my GPS but was good for 50 minutes that I figured was about 10ks all up that was perfect.

Note, Did finally get the call from Crossy Lad for a swim but he was only going to go easy that I thought might be too slow for me so run instead.

Big weekend on the cards, although I think I might give the 'Gong' Tri a miss, Heavy rain is forecast that will make the bike leg a misery and not sure I want to venture down South having to get up at 4.30am for it?
In the footy, Stoke WILL get back to winning ways this weekend when they take on the pride of the North East in Middlesbrough. Confident this week so the Timmy's Tip is -
Stoke 2 v Boro 0

Also a big night locally on Saturday with some of the HuRTS lads having there biggest party night of the year. Lets hope it stays dry for Jeet, Angus, Gleeso, Champ, Hoey and Brucie Lambert as they make the way up Oxford Street on the colourful float.

Have a good weekend
Train Well & Stay Safe
Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment