Saturday, March 11, 2017

Deano Degan - To the Rescue.

Worked then meandered around the park for the best part of 7ks as a means of a warm up contemplating what session (if any) to do? Stood around for ages looking for inspiration and any form of help when out of the blue Dean Degan comes trotting along. A bit of a chat before I asked him if he'd help out for either a 3k faster OR 5k tempo run with me. Once agreed we settled on the 3k option and we were away.
Led out the first 1k going through on target at 3.33, before Deano fired up and took control. Happy to stay with him then passing through on the quicker 2nd on 3.27. The 3rd K is always the toughest and today was no exception especially with the bigger crowds around due to the Food Festival that was on. Somehow managed to hang in though as we stopped the clock bang on 10.30 that saw the final 1k completed in 3.30
It was then a cruise return 3k trip back to the start  and I was more than happy to finish with 13k for the morning as I listened to Deano's chat about how he always puts Crossy Lad in his place whenever they race.

Bit of break after then I was down to the pool once more as I got roped into a Swim4Kids Charity event. didn't have to swim hard but as a team we had to knock out as many laps as you could. I'd settled on 3k would be my token effort, what I didn't figure was that a mate was going to keep me honest all the way in wanting to takes turns for 500m each. I could sense each 500m getting quicker and come the last section I was knackered. Stopped  the clock in 53.41 averaging 1.47s per/100m
An easy 200m more as a cool down and I was more than happy to jump out with 3200 to my name as I munched down on the nearby sausage sizzle followed by a trip over the road for a well earned bevvie.

A night on the tiles down in the famous 'Shire' area in a new boozer called the 'Prince', did put out a call to locals Lady Laura and Crossy Lad but got a big snubbing from both - poor form.

cheers

3 comments:

  1. This blog is becoming a serious work of fiction - I reckon you've been making these stories up for so long now you've detached from reality!! Get a grip mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outrageous!
    Who would ever question you Dr.Tim?
    If you say it's so then it's so:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossy - you should know better than most that he's the biggest story teller since Jackanory!

    ReplyDelete