Monday, June 5, 2017

Recovery Run/Swim

Tired after my first solid week back and decided I'd stay in the park post work and just try to knock out a few easy Ks. Armed with my latest 606 Podcast listening to the experts deciding on if Cristiano Ronaldo can now be considered a 'great' in the footy ranks after his latest in the Champions League I was happy to tip along at a moderate pace of 4.45s. Even that seemed a battle and once I got back to the café with a tad over 6ks done in 30 minutes I was happy enough to call it a morning.

Down to the pool later in the morning and it was welcome back to regular partner Crossy Lad who seems to hibernate this time of the year when the cooler weather comes along.  With travelling and recovery weeks I've let my swimming go a bit as well over the last month or so and today it certainly looked like it.  Happy to get through 2ks in total but it was the longest 2k in history, what with tired arms, leaky goggles and having to endure Crossy going on about his head cold, and that was all before he decided to get his trusty Go-Pro out and demand a 30 minute selfie pose with his new $8 haircut on show.
Battle all day in both the swim and run but glad to get it done.

Will be back tomorrow for the HuRTS set, think its the 10 minute efforts?

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment