Saturday, June 17, 2017

Centennial Park Run 5k T/T - 18.20

Planned on running the St Peters Park Run but got stuffed around with work that meant I couldn't run it only to be told last minute of a cancellation that in turn would have got to me to the start line in time had I known.
Still, I was in the park so decided to do my own Park Run over a 5k loop I have and after a 3k warm up I was ready to roll. Went out pretty hard and pace was steady until the tougher 3k part around the Fox Studio gates then faded slightly. Managed to pull back a little on the 4th but still not finishing reps strong enough and was only able to hold the 5th Km in 3.41
18.20 all up averaging 3.40s , solid enough but I felt I was running stronger then the time suggested?
Splits were: 3.37, 3.38, 3.43, 3.39, 3.41
2k Cool down for another 10 for the morning.
Back out in the morning for the long run and will hit the City to Surf course again on the hills. Will be looking at another 26ks

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment