Tuesday, October 13, 2015

HuRTS 8 x 5 minute efforts


Miserable day in Sydney today with at times heavy showers although in truth it made for good running conditions for the 8 x 5 minutes set at lunchtime. Despite the average weather there was a good turnout with the Top 4 all on view (Hoey, Barts, C.T and D.Tonge) as well as HuRTS #1 Female the newly crowned  ‘Mrs Kenny’ (Renee).

Went out at a good gallop for the first rep and basically sat in with Brucie Lambert working at 3.36 pace just ahead of a decent group behind that had the inform Jeet, and Adrian McGarva in it. Returned slightly faster at 3.34 pace before deciding that I was going to start further back on the Opera House forecourt to prevent  having to go up the hill around the 4min 30 mark at Mrs Macs Chair.

This then meant I was chasing people on the ‘out’ section but then was out in front running solo on the ‘In’ part making it so much more difficult as I had no one to work off.

Struggled on the 5th and 6th reps and asked Macca if he wanted to do the last two reps with me at 4 minute pace, His reply was that we should work together and just do TWO 1k reps instead.

He went out hard and I basically just tucked in with him, felt his pace drop slightly at the 750m so did my turn at the front and hit the mark with a 3.25. For the last one Macca decided to just sit in on my shoulder before he kicked it down at the 750m with me doing my best to hang on.

Happy enough to end with a 3.22 and is perhaps the strongest I’ve gone in weeks and happy to be able to go sub 3.30 with over 11ks in the legs.

Pace for the 6 x reps and two 1ks were:

3.36, 3.34, 3.32, 3.37, 3.37, 3.39, 3.25, 3.22

A decent warm down with the lads for another 3ks for 14k plus for the day.

 

Good session to get done and it seems the group has lifted once again with the popular JPMorgan coming around in less than 4  weeks time.  Plenty of speed work will be the order of the day going forward I suspect?

Good to see Kanser, Sammy J, Warrior Charlie, Hardman J.C, and Pommy Birchy  all getting some form back, and Jeet was looking good, doing it easy as he prepares for his N.Y Marathon in less than 3 weeks....... just wish he’d stop that Barry Manilow shite every time he runs past me – it’s starting to get on my wick.

Cheers
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment