Thursday, October 29, 2015

A.B.C Biathlon 19.46 - 5th Overall


AM. It was only the fact I was already at the pool working that then forced me to stay on and do the planned swim as I really wasn’t in the mood for another tough workout especially with planning on doing the Biathlon later in the day.

Still, I managed to get through it and even did some laps with the feet banded together with the old inner tube in order to work the core more (even if I did feel as if I was drowning) . A series of 400s, 200s and 100s saw me get to the magical 3k mark once more before I was all done.

 

PM. Headed into the A.B.C pool for the 4th week of the Biathlon (my 3rd) and once more I was tired but these short sharp sessions are perfect for me in an attempt to find that spark that is sadly lacking. Usual suspects at the front again with ‘The Missile’ (found out his name is Ed and English) and Mike from the HuRTS team the two to beat. I hate the first 1k and wonder how I’m going to get even to the turnaround (never mind the finish) as I settle behind two lads who were running 5th & 6th some 20 metres behind 4th spot. Manage to get to half way in 7.14 thinking (as always) that I can bring it home, this very rarely happens though and I find I’m not making any ground on the lads in front as I  hit the finishing gate with the time keeper calling out 14.14

Jump in the pool solo but at least I have someone to work off in front of me as I try to break the swim leg down as much as I can. Manage to catch both of them on the turn at 200m and get a better kick away that has me clear. Wonder if I may have gone too early but thankfully they both have little to offer over the final 100m and I touch out in a time of 19.46 for 5th overall

See Ed poolside who takes out the win again in a time of 18.01 (previous 17.55 & 17.58) over Mike who are basically miles ahead of me.

My times this season have been 19.35, 19.55 and 19.46

My run splits were 3.35, 3.44, 3.37, 3.20 (last one short), Swim time the usual 5 minutes

Tough 20 minute workout and have decided it’s a lot harder when you have no one to compete with or no training partner to challenge – hopefully Tommy H and Enda and even Hoey may grow a pair and come and lay down the challenge in the coming weeks?

 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment