Thursday, October 15, 2015

A.B.C Biathlon 19.52 - 4th Overall.


Wasn’t feeling 100% and the head wasn’t really in it but made my way to the Biathlon for the 2nd race in the A.B.C series all the same. Pretty much the same line up as last week only without Angus Boyd as we prepared for the start.

Gun went off and Mike Lichwark heads to the front followed by the ‘Missile’ who won last week’s thanks to a blistering swim, I settle in 4th spot with the same lad I had a battle with last week just ahead, Go through the tougher first k in about 3.36 (some 7 seconds slower than last week) and even by the 1.5k mark I’m struggling and getting dropped by 3rd place guy.

Barely made it to the turnaround as the clock ticked 7.15 and was in no man’s land and had no chance of catching the lad in front. Just tried to hang in as best I could and got to the top of the stairs in a finish time of 14.25 with Taffy Lad offering abuse and taking photos with me offering nothing.

Usual 20 odd seconds down the steps and shoes off before entering the pool with 3rd spot a good 30m ahead. The first 100m doesn’t feel too bad and I notice I’ve reduced the gap, 150 down and I start to think I have a chance, 100m to go and I’m only about 10m behind and start thinking that it will come down to the last 25m if I’m to take him. Give myself every chance but the bugger just finds something over the closing stages and edges me out by a second as he touches in 19.51 to my 19.52 and keeps me at 4th spot as I manage a 5 minute swim leg yet again.

Not a great race from me, some 16 seconds down from last week and it was all in the run leg -  still a solid hit out all the same and once done I was pleased I made some sort of effort.

Winning guy was the same as last week – the Missile came home in 17.55 (17.48 last week) and Mike stopped the clock in 18.11 I think? For 2nd

 

Night was complete with a few ales with Taffy James and Birchy at the Bells Pub & The Tilbury Hotel before we gave old ‘Harry’s’ a nudge with his famous Pie & Mash to soak all the alcohol up.

 

Was waiting for Taffy to send me the pics through from last night but I fear it may be next Wednesday before he gets around to it so I’ll just log the post now ..... bloody taffs, useless ;)

 
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment