Tuesday, October 27, 2015

HuRTS 3 x 10 minute efforts.


Monday.

Had planned a nice recovery swim but when Crossy Lad arrived at the pool in his NEW $4.95 K-Mart Special ‘Floaty Pants’ that seem all the go at the moment then I knew he was out for some fast reps. I managed a few laps before he arrived and after a further 400m he called for 5 x 200 reps but even after 100m I knew I was struggling as he came home in 2.57

Decided then to help him out by leading the first 100m of each rep and he was to complete the 2nd 100m solo. Was happy enough to come home on every one under 1.30s with the fastest 1.22 and then finished off with 5 x 100m

Tired at the end but happy to get 1600m done for the day

 

Tuesday.

Big change in the weather but good team out with the impressive C.T once again killing it from the front and nice to see Corky, Sammy J and Birchy back getting some form and looking stronger with every session. Went out and found myself sitting behind Brucie Lambert for the first 5 minutes before he pushed ahead going around Mrs Macs Chair, then had the pleasure of ‘Mr 24 Hour Treadmill Man’ Luca for the remainder as I was holding 3.39 pace.

A quick chat with swim partner Crossy Lad during the break who was taking it easy and I enlisted his help to get me back to the Stone Gates for the tougher return. Despite blowing hard – especially on the climbs it worked pretty well as I got within about 4 metres of the starting post as the clock ticked over for the 10 minutes.

I was buggered by the time the 3rd rep came around and even had thoughts of puling the pin but made the effort to get it done – I must have been a world away as I can’t honestly recall much about it or who I was running with but  know I reached the same point as the 1st rep so I was happy enough.

Met up with Sammy J in the break and then both cruised it back to the Stone Gates having a good chat along the way.

3 reps were done at 3.39, 3.40 and 3.40 pace.

Tough session but a good one to get done.

 

Some more photos from Sunday, thanks to Champs lovely partner Cissy who was on camera duties whilst supporting for the morning.

Lovely Sunrise over the Regatta before the swim leg.

...and the $h1t fight begins in the swim.

The Champ showing us how it's done on the bike leg.

and then finishes strong on the final run leg.

Pete Walker seems unbeatable in his A/G at these races?

And finally, this Saturday Oktoberfest comes to town and 20 of HuRTS finest will be out to celebrate in the Domain over a few beers, Should be a cracker of a day and if its half as good as that day in Munich 2 years back then I'm really looking forward to it. Old mate Glesso has really got in to it although I do fear that he's missed the real theme of the occasion as he has been pestering me all day with photos of his latest costume that he will be wearing for the day. Think he's a bit of a fan of Daffyd from 'Little Britain' ...... Oh well, at least Taffy will be happy.

Glesso all set for Oktoberfest in his NEW outfit.

Cheers





1 comment: