Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunday Long Run.... On a Monday

Had to get out and do the Sunday long run today as after having a big night on the Saturday meant I was unable (or in any fit state) to do anything yesterday. On another spectacular day in old Sydney Town I thought I would run a lap of the park before heading into the city to meet the HuRTS lunchtime crew to help pass the ks away. Couldn't believe it then when only Super Kev, and another guy Shane (?) were the only two there. Slim Sammy Agnew was crook, Mikey (calf), Kanser(foot problems), Chairman Tommy H let me down after crying off after the 'Tooth Fairy' failed to leave him $2 after losing his front gnasher overnight and Enda has his usual weekly head cold. Got into the city in 43 minutes (4.27 pace) and then did the regular loop with Kev although I was dropping off the back at times as I racked up just short of 14ks at 4.30 pace. The last 30 odd minutes back to the park and the flat loop were tough though as I counted every Kay down and it really was a case of character building just to get through it. 30ks all up in 2.14:48 averaging 4.29 for the day, quicker then last week with Enda Reno and J.C but it was flatter and I certainly didn't finish as strong as I did last week that's for sure. So that's the 2nd 30k run down and another 5 to do I reckon.....lets just hope they get easier :)
 Need to get back out tomorrow for the speed session, now that could be tough as the legs feel very heavy now.
Also some bad news today for two of the team and that is there City to Surf dream is over for another 12 months with both Mikey's OUT, MrAce and Conway pulling the pin, although it wasn't getting MrAce down as whilst heading into town, I saw him looking pretty upbeat going off to the HuRTs swim set, he seemed a bit pre occupied and I never got the chance to talk to him but I did manage a quick snap whilst I was stuck at the lights :) Cracking weather here but unfortunately for the English boys it’s not the same in Manchester and will mean we don't get the win to go 3 - 0 up? Although I'll take the draw that will mean we RETAIN the Ashes so it's not all doom :)
 Hope you got on the Timmy’s' tip prediction last Friday?
 The Footy season is under way in England ...Well it is for Skippy  Heyden’s QPR in the Championship, the big boys still have another fortnight before the season kicks in, Good win for QPR I see and already have nearly doubled there points score from last season and will surely bring a smile to Mr Heyden’s  face (for once).
Cheers


MrAce, still upbeat after pulling out of Sundays City to Surf - on his way to the Monday swim.

1 comment:

  1. Cripes Timmy the Aussies were decisively outplayed in the first 2 tests, but the Poms have been playing for a draw since Tea on Day 1 in the 3rd test. It now looks like they are going to make a lucky escape and good on them... but suggesting they were a shot for the win?

    A. Nony. Mouse.

    ReplyDelete