Tuesday, August 13, 2013

HuRTS Tempo 45 minute

Monday – Struggle Day as the quads were pretty sore so only managed an easy 8ks with clients but I think it helped, the head on the other hand needed much more work. Meant then had to venture down to the pool for the swim set, good showing once more as another 2.3ks were done in total.

Tuesday, Into the city for the dreaded 45 minute tempo session and with the quads still a little tight I went out easier and sat in with Mikey, Slim Sammy Agnew and the Taffy Lad (still trying to talk Slim Sammy to get on board with the premiership bets?), Felt pretty comfortable as we cruised around reaching the theatre company in the 22.5 minutes (4.02 pace), turned and then tried to hang on to Sam for as long as I could, succeeded until the first hill near the far gates beside the stairs and then had my ‘Oh, this is going to be a struggle to get home’ moment. Run by myself coming around Mrs. Macs and the A.B.C as Skippy Heyden and Razor were to come by. But my prayers were answered when ‘The Chairman & Johnny Bartles saw me struggling and picked up a leg each and basically carried me for the final 1k or so to reach back to the starting point in 44.15 ( 45 seconds to spare)
Return trip worked in 3.55 pace for 11.10 all up – again nothing special but happy enough with that.

Will be back out in the morning where I will try to knock out another 20ks around the park area.

So, 4th Test match all done and dusted with a day to spare after England broadsided the Aussies again, Another batting collapse from the tourists with  Broad doing the damage with ball in hand. See my mate Watson is injured again; my tip is he won’t be in the team come the first test in Brissy in November, whilst that Smith is never a number 6 TEST batsman and can’t believe he’s even in the team.
One to go and lets hope the POMS make it 4 – 0 down at the Oval.

Just when things couldn’t seem to get any worse (with running) – and I’ve not been winning any bets of late due to my poor form and Enda’s reluctance to have a fair bet, I get the dreaded ‘Timmy you owe me $20 call today’ from none other then Charlie ‘Warrior’ Dalziel can you believe?  Seems I made a bet that he wouldn’t beat HuRTS female Elle at this Years City to Surf??????
Still awaiting confirmation on that one but God, it must be bad when Charlie’s queuing up to cash in J

Cheers

Elle with run of the day girl - HuRTS #1 Lady Laura James, Not sure what Elle's smiling about? .... Seems she cost me another $20 - think we need to talk :)

2 comments:

  1. Charlie through in 55:33 Timmy. Elle must have been running under another bib?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eleanor Rau Flakey. All there in official results. Ellie and I are take $10 each:)

    ReplyDelete