Monday, August 26, 2013

Long Run with Bacon & Eggs to Finish

 Busy morning in and around the park with the ‘5k Colour Run that was held in Centennial that saw thousands of young girls swarming everywhere Met up with C.T first up who run the 10k loop with me before Kanser joined us around the 6k mark, Pace was honest and felt OK as we crossed in 44.48 (4.29 pace), Chris departed about the 14k mark to join another crew and all of a sudden the tempo seemed to pick up almost instantly. The GPS died at the 18k mark but had the trusty stopwatch to see that the 2nd 10k was done in 44 dead (4.23) Seemed to struggle around the 24 k mark as the pace was picked up YET again…..Kanser does help me out loads but he’s a nightmare to run with as you are never running side by side and he is always some 5 meters ahead at any stage of the run. Managed to hang in there to complete the 3rd 10k in 43.01 and was pleased when Kanser was then done for the day as it meant I could do the extra 3ks at a more sedate pace. 12.43 (3ks)
All up 33ks in 2.24, Battled my way through it and in truth I found the last 10ks really hard and got me thinking that despite getting my long runs in over the past month or so I am so far behind where I should be and there is less then 5 weeks to the big one. Still 47ks over the weekend, so I can’t really do anymore at this stage.

A quick trip back to the ‘House of Kane’s’ where the ice pool never felt so good for those aching muscles, and better still the old ‘Bacon & Eggs’ were back on the menu, alongside the best Cuppa EVER served in the household (please tell me it wasn’t Aldi)
Felt tired all day after that and those beers were a godsend in the afternoon.

Monday – Legs felt heavy and went for a swim with the boys (and Girl….Julia was back), had a cracking start as I stayed on Todd’s toes for the first 400 with a record 6.27 but sadly it was all downhill after that. I was buggered and even missed a couple of the 200s out at one point.
A good massage followed as I tried to get some life back in the legs before the speed set that old Kanser has lined up for me on Tuesday ( 6 x 1k Reps)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment