Thursday, January 12, 2017

Rushcutter Oval 800s

Thursday. Warm again but it didn't stop a big crowd from heading to Rushcutters Oval for the 800m set with the highlight being speedster  Kevin Batt making a rare appearance.
Struggling with little enthusiasm at the moment but managed to stick close to the front runners for the first rep coming in on 2.38
Second and third rep started to feel it a little and come the 4th I was goneski, that bad in fact I only lasted 400m of it and took the longer recovery. Came back in for the 5th but it was similar to the previous. Thought I'd get through one more but the motivation was gone by then and once again only lasted 400m for the 6th and final rep.
Times were: 2.38, 2.41, 2.42, 78, 2.42, 78


Friday. Basically a repeat of Wednesday with very hot temps all across Sydney so it was back to the pool to end the week. I did a 700m warm up and once Crossy Lad had finished his selfies and told me all about eating his kids candy, lollies and chocolates we were set to go. Basically 300, 200, 100 x 2 with the 2nd faster than the first followed by  8 x 50m reps to end.
Felt pretty good for the set and wasn't too far behind Crossy on each. Soft Award of the day goes to the 'Shire Head' though who only managed 6 of the 50m reps - excuse, "I'm doing a 3k track event this evening". Very lame.
2.3ks done for the day.

Like to say a busy weekend, but I'm still on my DRY January so I think its a quiet one. Am venturing out to see the 'Invincibles' tomorrow in the A League when Sydney F.C play cross town rivals Greater Western. doesn't really thrill me but at least I get an understanding what poor Sammy Agnew has to witness every week when he watches Crystal Palace as I reckon the standard will be similar?
In the big game back home Stoke travel to the North East and play Sunderland. Tough old fixture and with many of our players away in Africa it could be a banana skin game.
Sit on the fence with this one.
Timmy's Tip. Sunderland 1 v Stoke 1

Will head out in the morning and do the Park Run and try to back up for the longer Sunday run the following day.

Have a great weekend
Train well and stay safe
Cheers


A swim is not a swim if Crossy doesn't bring his camera and stand posing for 25 mins before the set starts, I sometimes can manage to get in one of them at least.

1 comment: