Thursday, December 1, 2016

A. B. C & HuRT Biathlon 19.33

Down to the ABC Poll for the biathlon that also doubles up as the yearly HuRTS race as I assembled a small team for a good Thursday evening hit-out. Had 14 starters from the gang and decided to go with a random 'Double Team' comp that saw me paired with newish recruit Jack 'the Lad' Maxwell.
Always a fast start for the first 300m before you get a short sharp hill that has you thinking how you are going to even get to the 2k turnaround marker never mind the swim leg. Settle after that as Jerome comes past me a little before the 1k point just happy to sit in trailing Adrian McGarva as I reach the half way post in 7.10 As usual try to pick up the pace for the easier downhill and get a good look to see where everyone else is and can't believe how close people are and all having strong run legs.
Hit the top gate on entering the pool as I click on 14 minutes that I'm happy enough with along with Adrian although he's in the pool before me as I do my best to bring the heart rate down, Its nearly 30 seconds before I'm in the pool (from the top gate) and try to tuck in with my rival for the night knowing its easy enough to slipstream but I'm nowhere near strong enough to try to go past. Chuckle to myself as I'm going down the lane at 200m as I can see Tommy's big head in the next lane whilst he's doing his now famous breaststroke to complete his 300m.
Make one final attempt to put in the hard yards over the final lap but not strong enough to edge out McGarva who pips me by 3 seconds as I stop the clock in 19.33
First home from the team was 'King of the Biathlon' Mikey L, with Jerome 2nd, Tom 3rd, Adrian & myself for 4th & 5th.
The Jerome , Adrian combo was to prove too strong in the team event beating home Mikey who unfortunately had to carry his 'Clydesdale' partner Taffy James.

Results for the teams were

1st  Jerome 18.49 & Adrian 19.30  = 38.19

2nd Mikey L 17.54 & Taffy   21.22  = 39.16

3rd Tommy 19.08 & Renee  20.51 = 39.59

4th Alex S    20.21 & Craig W 20.58 = 41.19

5th Timmy 19.33 &   Jack        21.55  =41.28

6th Golds   21.48 & Elle        20.23    = 42.11

7th Ash      21.35  & Craig Mc 25.02 = 46.37

Will post some pics tomorrow.
Top night was complete as we headed over to the Bells pub and with 'The Wildman' Stevie T in town (with the worst haircut since Sammy Aggers 4 years back) and Taffy's midnight Birthday feast it turned into one hell of a night, as Birchy and Jac also joined in the fun later in the night.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment