Monday, December 19, 2016

McKay Oval 8 x 800s - Fail

Woke feeling sore and stiff and headed to Centennial Park for some 800s totally unmotivated and little desire to get the session done. With NO help from anyone I had to go solo and as early as the first 400m loop I knew there was not a chance of getting all 8 done (even with this famous Stoke heart, there are limits). Over the line with a 2.42 to kick it off but the way I looked you'd have thought it was a 2.10. 2nd rep was pretty much the same and it was here I made the call to only knock out 6 but so easily could have retreated to the car there and then.
Rolled around the next two reps limiting the damage and tried to lift the 5th, that I somehow managed  by a couple of seconds but I was done well and truly by then and called it a day.
Rep times. 2.42, 2.43, 2.44, 2.43, 2.41

Had to work straight after so was good for another 6ks and I was only too happy to do them at 6.25 per/k pace.

Hot day in the city so headed over to PAP for a dip (that's a swim for those that don't know), Met up with a friend and knocked out 1600m in total. Probably the best thing I could have done and returned from the pool feeling a million times better than I had for the rest of the day.

Big night out tonight (I know ,I know it's a Tuesday, but it is Xmas) so have already lined up a return to the pool tomorrow for a midweek swim as I find it a great help in the recovery stage of a hangover.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment