Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Swim and run Day

Even after my big midweek swim yesterday I was still keen to keep the regular Thursday morning going so it was back to PAP for the 3rd time this week.
Starting to log bigger Ks these days and even if I'm not going faster I'm certainly getting stronger with it all, as in the past I'd be dying and ready to jump out by 1800m I'm now able to get over 3ks done within the session. Today's set was built all around reps of 300m in different ways and I was happy to depart the pool with 3.5ks done for the morning.

Feeling tired I gave myself the rest day from the HuRTS set that was organized by Barts and in truth the session was of no benefit for me so I decided to get out early and lined up Jac O'Connor for a few easy ks around the city. Nice little trot knocking out 10.3ks in total in 58 minutes averaging 4.47s

Think I've earned a well deserved rest day tomorrow.

The Chairman Tommy H has been pestering me all week as he tries to cope without good wife Kirst for the week whilst holding the fort with the kids. Poor bloke seems at breaking point and I for one will be glad when she's back in the country tomorrow.
Just received the following photo of what he's been dishing up for the kids - It beggars belief.

Tommy H giving his latest instructions to Charlie, Maggie and Claudia.


Cheers

4 comments:

  1. It's really not far from the truth mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timmy I'm going to be in town from 14 to 18 Nov....are the scheduled Tue and Thu HuRTS sessions still going ahead or easy week post JP Morgan and non attendance? You free on Thu 17 for some beers?

    Fat Italian Stallion

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS update your blog....I keep clicking through Tom's and you have no update for me, slacker.....might have to read Tom's in the meantime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Durante - you realise that you'll be back for the HuRTs Awards Night? Did you plan the trip especially?

    ReplyDelete