Thursday, October 13, 2016

Getting the Swims In

Thursday. Promised a client a 1k swim handicap race about 4 months back and had to front up and in the process give her a healthy handicap start. Luckily for me she hadn't been doing the swim training needed over the time and I was fortunate to walk away with the victory .... and the FREE dinner as part of the wager. Happy Days
Only 1400m done for the morning in total.

Friday. Was pestered by Crossy Lad all Thursday evening and Friday morning to return to PAP as he was keen to see his 'new friend' from Monday but was a little scared to venture down by himself.
Don't think either of us were too enthusiastic about the swimming today (Crossy even less after his friend wasn't there) and it actually took the lifeguard to give us a set to get through that included plenty of 100s with each one getting quicker.
Jumped out with 1800m to my name and happy to end the week with another swim done.

Down to Melbourne for a few days  tomorrow for the half on Sunday. A big team heading south with what should be a fun weekend. Seems most people are in form and ready to roll and I'll stick my neck on the line and give what times I think some of the regular team will do.
Marathon.
Hoey  2.30:46
Neil    2.33:12
Bruce  2.47.10
Jeet     2.49:33
Laura  3.03:19

Half
Tommy H  70.51
Sammy J    90.11
Birchy        95.52

Seeing as I've ONE bet only this week with the Chairman Tommy H and he's give me 11.15 handicap start on my predicted times I'll have to run a 82.06 to collect the cash .... It's a big ask.

On the footy, the Premiership returns this week and its time you got on the Potters and get ready for the first 3 points of the season, A home game against fellow stragglers will see the boys start to climb that table this week.
Timmy's Tip. Stoke 2 v Sunderland 0

Have a great weekend
Train well and race even better all those in Melbourne.
Stay Safe
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment