Monday, October 3, 2016

HuRTS 14 x 3 minute efforts (60 sec rec)

The best session on the books and it was important that I got through it and completed the whole 14 reps of the 3 minute efforts that was on today.
Decided prior that I was going to go at a reduced pace to make sure I didn't to do much damage early and was happy to be holding sub 3.40 pace. Found company for the first 7 reps in Sammy Johnson and Elle who were both running well, and despite it being a stunning day the wind was making it that much tougher on the return legs throughout.
Went through 9 -12 solo as many pull the pin around 10 (8 if your names Hoey) and by the time I was heading out for the 13th found only Fats, D.Tonge, and Angus actually ahead of me as I was still keeping the pace consistent.
With job nearly complete, I still had some gas left in the tank and pushed the final one home with J-Fen and A.N.Other into the wind at a healthy 3.29 pace
Paces for the 14; 3.40, 3.40, 3.38, 3.38, 3.38, 3.38, 3.39, 3.39, 3.39, 3.39, 3.40, 3.38, 3.39, 3.29

Felt great to complete the set as I did and got a little confidence back. Kudos to #1 Renee who did the 14 (she always does), as well as J-Fen, Angus, David T, and special mention to old mate Fats who also got through them all. Think Fats was only going to do 12 but didn't think the P1ss-take was worth it by not doing the final two.
Good to see Barts back floating around for 10 reps at a reduced pace, but what was Prince Ho playing at ? 8 reps ? Someone remarked it was hardly worth changing for that few.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment