Tuesday, October 11, 2016

2 x 20 Minute Efforts (3 mins rec)

Chatted away with Jeet prior to the session and the plan was to head out around the 3.55 min per/k pace and try to return faster at 3.50s for the 2 x 20 min set that was on the cards.
Big turnout yet again with Fats making his 3rd appearance on the spin as he tries to deflect the attention away from his Underachiever nomination as well as leading the race for the 'top job' at HuRTS come the New Year.
Felt pretty comfortable heading out and sat in with Angus, Jerome, Mark Ashworth and Marko Branagan. Usual struggle around the Quay area with the crowds but was happy to get too 5.25ks at 3.50 pace for the first half of the session.
Was thinking it may be a tad quick especially for the tougher return to come but found a perfect partner in Razor Wareham to get me home. Immediately went out faster and despite the high winds across the Opera house forecourt I was making up good time. Started to catch the first of the slower runners coming back into the Domain and really tried to stay focused on the pinch hills at Mrs Macs Chair and the A.B.C Pool, The final group I caught was Dicky Large, J.C and the Hipster Chris and that also helped as they somehow lifted and that was enough to get me back to the stone pillars with a good 19 seconds to spare.
Out at 3.50 pace and back home at 3.43s covering 10.6k for the session that I was pleased with and was as good as I've managed this particular set for a long time.
Many thanks to Razor for the big help out.

Will rest up now and try to freshen the legs up before Sundays Half in Melbourne. Notice the Trash talk has already started with Tommy H the first to fire the barbs. He seems pretty confident once again of taking my $$$, and I must say I would as well seeing as he only has to give me 11.15 handicap start.
Tomorrow I'll be getting my crystal ball out and predicting some of the boys and girls times for the Full and Half Marathons.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment