Monday, September 12, 2016

Tuesday 5 minute efforts (90 sec recovery)


A decent session covering nearly 8ks with the ‘Love Doctors’ just before the HuRTS set saw me going into the 8 x 5 minute efforts already slightly fatigued and instead of the full set I decided that 6 good ones would suffice for the day.

Big crew once again with Barts and ‘Special Q’ leading although no sign of Highnam or Ho and although its spring it’s still not enough to get Crossy Lad back from his winter slumber. A decent clip to begin as I sat in with the usual Jerome, Brendan, Toby, Hamish, Mikey, The Hipsters (Mitch & Chris) and Angus covering 1.45ks averaging 3.30 pace feeling OK, slightly bit faster for the return leg and then managed to get further heading out on the 3rd rep. Number 4 was pretty even but kind of lost my way a little on the 5th as the group soon gapped me and I seemed content then to finish it off with the following group that included the likes of Sammy J.C, Champ and Pete Walker.

Somehow found something in the tank for the 6th which proved that I was just lazy and ‘sandbagging’ previously as I kicked it down to end with a 3.31

Pace for the 6 – 3.30, 3.27, 3.27, 3.27, 3.38, 3.31

 

A good cool down with Brendan, Sammy J, Leech and J.C  and I’ve never seen the boys move so quick to aid a lady jogger who dropped her credit cards in helping to personally give it back – It was embarrassing to watch.

 

Good session but pretty tired from it.

May rest tomorrow although if I can persuade Crossy Lad out I may go for a midweek swim at PAP.

 

Cheers

1 comment: