Tuesday, September 27, 2016

10 Minute Efforts - Fail.

Into the city for the planned 4 x 10 minute efforts today and after yesterday I knew there was no chance of running them all strong so I had decided prior to do either,
A. - Run all 4 but at a reduced pace of about 4 min/ks
or
B. - Run 3 but all stronger around 10k race pace - hopefully 3.37s
......Sadly  I was able to achieve neither.

Big turnout on a windy day and went out reasonably hard sitting with Angus, Macca and a few others covering 2.75ks averaging 3.39s. It was a struggle to get back and I was about 30 metres shy of the Stone Pillars on the return. Even before the start of rep 3 I knew I was going to be taking option B and wasn't even keen to front once the two minute recovery was up.
Got a huge helping hand from Jerome though, and he was more than happy to play pacer and take the headwind around Mrs Macs Chair that made it slightly easier.
Once done it was a recovery walk before I met up with hipster Mitch who was doing the same and I then just jogged very easy back to the Stone Pillars with him
Pace for the 3 reps were, 3.39, 3.40, 3.38

Never felt great at any time but still happy enough to get another decent session done.

Rest day tomorrow
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment