Tuesday, September 20, 2016

HuRTS Tempo Tuesday.

Despite the weekends racing there was still a big turnout for the Progressive Tempo session although I felt many were running at a reduced pace, Girl of the moment Renee was fronting up, as was Leech, Brendan, Mikey L, Angus and even Hoey was putting in a shift after I've been bagging him of late for his lack of committing to sessions.
Went out easier just chatting away to Angus & Leech around the 4.10 pace and decided just to make a few adjustments and hold that pace until the turnaround and then bring it home quicker.
Got to the STC and on the turn picked up the pace dropping it down to closer to 3.45s, all seemed a little quick for the Leech though and after hearing about his projectile vomiting on Sunday I was more than happy to push ahead. Got to Mrs Macs Chair before I started to feel it but was helped as you start to reel the slower runners in. Happy to get back to the Stone Pillars in 44.44 covering 11.2ks for the day with an average pace of 4 min/ks
Km splits for the set went:
4.11, 4.07, 4.10, 4.08, 4.07, 4.08, 3.44, 3.43, 3.46, 3.55, 3.59, 37 seconds (200m)
Decent enough set and happy with how I pulled up from Sunday - that said I hardly smashed myself.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment