Thursday, September 29, 2016

Swim & 400s McKay Oval

Wet and generally miserably morning down at PAP first up and the best place to be was probably IN the water with 25 degrees showing.
Another 3.5ks done and unlike the previous weeks I was feeling much stronger, and even at 2.8ks I was still holding my times and moving well.
Didn't get into the city at lunch but took the opportunity to work with one of my fastest clients who is only 14 years of age to do some 400s around McKay Oval. Just helped him out on each rep but to be honest I was working pretty hard myself and I'm not so sure I would have gone much quicker had I been solo. It was very windy, especially from the 200m mark to the finish so his times were pretty solid.
Times for the 7 were, 80, 77, 77, 77, 75, 76, 74.
Followed it up with a tempo white fence (3.6k) but the lad was pretty much gonski and could only muster 4.37s throughout ....... thank God for me, and I was more than happy to see out the session at that pace as a cool down.

Rest Day Friday, and will head out to Homebush on the Saturday for the 9th Striders 10k of the series. Its a flat course but I never seem to run that well out there and I'll be well happy if I can dip under 37 minutes.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment