Thursday, September 1, 2016

Rushcutter 5 x 1k Reps (rolling every 5 mins)


With Oval #1 under repair we had to relocate to #2 for the 6 x 1k HuRTS set today that brought out a big group including big guns ‘Special Q’ & Barts and nice to see The Chairman Tommy H make another rare appearance with the team.

Marked out a course that consisted of two whole loops and the straight on the 3rd ending just outside the cafe and once away found I was leading a 2nd group out with the likes of Skippy, Jerome, Mikey L and the much improved Brendan Fehon. Happy with a 3.16 to kick things off and basically held throughout although I was finding the boys were coming past on each rep around the 450m mark.

Decided early on (I think as Tom had planted the seed) just to do the 5 instead of 6 and was therefore keen to keep it strong and consistent at least despite me feeling goneski after the 4th. Tucked in with Jerome on the 5th and final rep as he makes it look pretty easy whilst I’m nearly flat lining but managed to hold on for a 3.17 to end the day.

Rep Times. 3.16, 3.16, 3.16, 3.17, 3.17

Great set and once again even happier that there were no blowouts on times that show I’m on the up at last.

 

Sight of the Day, seeing Old Sammy J walking around once again (not even sure he got through 4 reps?)  - not sure what’s going on but that’s 2 from 2 that he’s not completed. 3 and out I say.

No sign of Crossy Lad , Enda, Birch, Laura, Leech, Macca, Jeet or even Prince Ho (is his star starting to wane?)

 

Rest day tomorrow, not a bad thing either as I hear we are in for plenty of rain over the next 48 hours or so?
 
Forgot the pics from today .
Can always rely on the lads to give me a lift when I'm struggling, Skippy, 'Q' Tommy H, Barts and Jerome.
 
Some of the team after the 6 x 1k reps.

Proof Tommy H does make an appearance from time to time
A couple of the team finishing off strong

 
 

 

Cheers

 

 

8 comments:

  1. On today's form I might have to reasses your 90s start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brendan, you didn't dance with the devil did you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record Timmy I completed four.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'mon Brendan you know it makes sense. Fair play to you that you have made it on the 'Timmy honesty wall of fame board'
    90 seconds it was on the next 10k or I may as well give you the money now and go 3 minutes for the half. ?
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no way you are getting 3 mins Timmy. I only got you by 1 min at the c2s. 90s for a half is fair. V

      Delete
    2. And Timmy if you turned up today you would have taken my money.

      Delete