Monday, January 7, 2013

McKay Oval 6 x 1k Reps

After reading the 'Beano' like (sorry that's Tom's blog) and with the words "Mikey's running everyday and is on fire, Timmy wont get anywhere near him this year" it was enough to kick start my new block despite it being a predicted top of about 109 degrees (again check Flakes blog for full weather report)
Was out early and i think everyone else had the same plan as the park was packed, saw a lively Sonya flying around on her bike, Robbie O'Neil, C.T and 'Allo Allo' man and fellow Berlin partner Rene all cruising.
Decided again to go back to basics and knock out 6 x 1k reps around the Oval and regardless of the times and how i was feeling i was going to push my way through as i aim to get some kind of form back on the board
Never felt great but was keen to break each rep down and look for some consistency. Reps times were: 3.25, 3.23, 3.25, 3.24, 3.30, 3.26
Still way down but its a start i suppose, and happy to get them out the way before the heat really does kick in and hit the 43 that they are predicting.
Think i will do more of these shorter sets in order to regain a little pace and even do some of my longer runs solo until i get a bit more strength. 6ft isn't looking good at this stage as only 8 weeks to go and I'd even struggle to get beyond the Cox's River in my present condition.

Been receiving loads of mail over the break (mainly from Flakey) and the latest batch is another from the 'Guess Who' section from when they were kids.
Today's TWO are both HuRTS boys and are what are commonly known in England as "Ginga's" , one is a regular and many will guess pretty easily, whilst the 2nd is a part time HuRTS guy and may be a little tougher to get. Although in truth is perhaps one of the more honest Irishman we have within the group and in general is a top and all round good guy'.

One of our more talented HuRTS boys. Who had a cracker of a year already showing early signs that great things were ahead in years to come.

Who is this "Harry Potter' like young man complete with scarf?  And No Lisa the person on the left of photo is NOT Dave Kane
Having issues loading photos on the blog now - not sure what has changed but it doesn't give me the option to use 'my photo's' out of my library any more. Any whizz kids got any idea why ??? very strange.
(Pity really as Enda's sister has sent me a couple of pixs i know you would enjoy seeing) :)

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. What was your recovery time between reps Tim? I'm interested because I was running the same pace and I'm still looking forward to collecting our 10k bet in Berlin when I see you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure Jamie, but I think he managed a cup of coffee and a chat between each one.

    ReplyDelete