Monday, September 14, 2015

Hot, Hot, Hot



Stunning day and certainly the hottest of the season so far with temps in the 30s for the first time. The morning was made even more complete as I caught up with the ‘Shire’s finest Laura James for a coffee and a chat in the sunshine whilst sitting in Martin Place.
A 6k warm up with a client before I just caught the start of the session just as the boys were leaving that had Tony ‘I come once in 75 sessions’ Fattorini question my commitment to the team as I quickly joined a nice group that included ‘Bubbles’ James Gosnell, Ronnie Biggs and Sammy J all running at 4 minute pace.
No sign of the BIG 3 – Barts, Hoey or Quentin today although nice to see Kanser back with us and looks like he’s starting to find a little form (at long last), as it was Crossy Lad who finally found it warm enough to come out of hibernation,  Pace was easy for the first 10 minute rep and despite the heat I thought I’d try to pick up the pace on the tougher return.  Had that Ghandi Flip flop mouth feeling (dry as) and even 3.50 pace was feeling hard enough especially on the little climbs. Was still holding pace OK as I came across the expressway and then decided that would be enough for the day and called it quits on 8 minutes before returning to the nearby car at Woolloomooloo.
All up over 11ks done for the morning, frustrating as I’m able to run but don’t feel as if I can stride it out and drive off at any time ?

May ease off again for the rest of the week now and even just plod around for the Half come Sunday and run it with Renaud who is also using it as a Marathon pacing event.


Don’t normally comment on politics – two things my old dad told me, never talk about politics and religion. But the latest scandal over the past 24 hours is an absolute joke. 5 Prime Ministers in the past 5 years…… outrageous. And I see Malcolm Turncoat has done the biggest act of treachery seen for years with his own selfish act to gain the top gig.
What’s next ? When Turncoat loses his ‘gloss’ in 12 months we have another single leader who wants his moment in the sun?
Australia you voted  for these people, they should stay in the job until its time you decide to vote them out.
It’s a bloody joke.

Also not seen much of my mate PLOD (Paul O’Doherty) of late and was getting worried about him, that was until I saw him on his new delivery run this morning whilst sitting in Martin Place. Seems the Irish Triathlete is going around handing out fresh fruit to the morning commuters and trying to keep a level of fitness up at the same time. Good on you PLOD.
Spotted this.

PODs new bike spotted around the city this morning.

Malcolm Turncoat with his new policy.

Cheers





2 comments:

  1. Hey Timmy, tell me - have you been taking your politics from Ray Hadley or Alan Jones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What premiership team do they play for ??

    ReplyDelete