Thursday, September 17, 2015

Friday Swim.



Miserable morning but cleared lovely in time for the Friday lunchtime swim set at the ABC that then brought out Coach Walker, Angus, Crossy Lad, Leech, The Champ, Dan and even Liam was spotted doing more than standing at the end of the pool for the first time in 4 years.
A good set with some 300s (4.48), drills and the bulk of it being 6 x 200s and I found I was pretty comfortable sitting on the Leech and Crossy’s feet throughout (even if I did have the help of nearly every toy on the market)
Crossy pulled out after the 5th so I made the Champ lead out and fair play to him he was pretty sharp coming in with a  3.13
Times for the 200s were. 3.09, 3.17, 3.17, 3.18, 3.15, 3.13
A few 100m efforts to finish before we teamed up for the Doubles 2  x 100m relay, Champ& Angus, Dan & Pete Walker, whilst the Englishmen were put together as I joined Crossy.
Angus, Dan and Crossy were first away and I’m not sure what Crossy was playing at but he was ages, nearly going to call the lifeguard he was gone that long, actually thought he’d had a stroke…. Pathetic attempt and by the time I was away both Champ and Walker were 50m ahead.
Good old session once again all the same and another 2.2ks done for the day, as I say I’m still slow but feeling so much stronger these days and actually looking forward to doing some tris this year, now I just need to get this bike leg going.

A massive weekend on the cards, got a friend in town so out for Friday drinks this evening, tomorrow it’s a trip out West to watch the Swans (in a posh box I believe) and then on Sunday it’s the Blackmore’s Running Festival. I will get out and have a trot but wont race and have decided to run some of it with Renaud. Although I think he’ll still be too fast for me.
Look out for Angus in the Half who is running well, The Leech is going around for the 42ks and is in good form but the match up of the day is between C.T and Barts. Barts should take it out but sly old dog C.T is in good form and I wouldn’t be surprised if he turns it around in the Half.

In the footy, Stoke City’s season will kick off at the Brit and a certain win is on the cards against high flyers Leicester who have started very strong. Back the Potters for a 2-1 win this week, and then watch us climb that table as we head into Europe
Sammy Aggers pretenders ‘Tin Pot’ Palace will get another shoeing at Yid Lane, although I’m also predicting wins for both Newcastle and Villa that will at least keep the boys happy come Monday in the battle of the Mediocre.

Post race drinks will be on Sunday afternoon and no doubt the HuRTS boys will be out in force regaling all the post race stories of the day. Looking forward to that one as well.

Have a great weekend
Train/Race Well.
Stay Safe
Cheers

My tight glute and my slow swimming doesn't feel all that bad at all now - :)

Oh Dear.....


 


No comments:

Post a Comment