Saturday, August 1, 2015

St Peters ParkRun 5th - 18.24

Work unfortunately prevented me from the Striders 10k out at Lane Cove so had to settle for the St Peter’s 5k Park Run as a substitute. Rolled up to find a nice little team out that included C.T , Renaud, and newly married pair Kenny & Renee Everett.
Normal frantic start and I’m more than happy to tuck in right behind Renaud for the first k at just under 3.30 pace, Go past many soon after that hoon out the gates and I find I’m pretty comfortable as we tick another k off on 3.36 still on RenDogs  shoulder.
Just on the roundabout turn he gaps me though and puts a surge in to latch onto Kenny who was about 30m ahead before we make the big climb at half way. It’s a killer this hill and I just try to get to the top without too much damage, but see Kenny & Renaud decent far quicker and put an even bigger distance between me. Despite felling lousy at the 3.5k mark I go past one guy that’s died in the @rse and gets me up to 5th spot but unlike last week’s where I was within arm’s reach of Renaud that kept me honest for the last kilometre this week I was a good 20 seconds from him.
The last 1000m is tough as it’s a steady climb and I seem to amble to the line instead of finishing strong that ‘s a bit of a worry and come across in 18.24 (4 seconds down on last week)
A good hit out but in truth I was probably looking to run closer to 18mins, The positives was that I was able to run with “Allo Allo’ Man for the first 2ks comfortably, the negative was that he got away far too easy within about 300m before the climb.

C.T took out the win, with Renaud 2nd, Kenny 3rd and as I said I strolled in for 5th place, In the ladies, #1 Renee took out the win coming home in 19.55
I think the Eastside crew are going to the easier Curl Curl Parkrun in 3 weeks time (22nd Aug) for the pancake like run they put on, although I hear its only 4.85ks? Still a good confidence booster where I can at least claim a sub 18 mins easily.

Pretty easy week ahead, although will have to go long on Monday as Sunday running won’t be taking place this week J

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment