Thursday, August 6, 2015

7 x 400s at Rushcutters Oval.

Final session before the Big One on Sunday and on a stunning day I was surprised how many rolled up. No sign of Tommy H although the NEW #1 Tom (Lee)  was flying around at the front with another contender for Sunday that has come from nowhere  Colin Thornton leading the team out.
I was feeling strong today and found myself just sitting off Frenchman Jerome & Todd  for most of the session with the likes of the Leech and Angus breathing down my neck for the 7 x 400 reps.
What felt like a gently 74 to start before a slightly faster 2nd and 3rd reps that surprisingly saw former #1 Tucks following me home on each ( a shadow of the runner he used to be before his ultra walks took over – I’m afraid to say)
Held the pace then throughout and happy to call it quits once the 7 were done leaving some of the others to go it alone for the additional 3k tempo set.
Times for the day were.74, 73, 72, 73, 72, 72, 72.
A chat with Tucks and captain of Thornton’s Delights (Colin) at the end as we watched his ‘Achilles heel’ runner Enda floating around the oval  was a decent way to end a good quick session.

That’s basically me done now, have a trip to the best acupuncture lady around tomorrow to help ease out any niggles I have and it’s Bondi here we come on Sunday.
Tomorrow I will give out my tips for Sunday and the people to watch out for.


Ready to Roll for my 22nd straight running of the iconic City to Surf 14k Run to Bondi.



A couple of pics from last Saturday’s St Peter’s Park Run with Renaud just overtaking ‘Kenny’ at the 4k mark, and me not far behind. Notice the Ant like people in the background coming down ‘Kilimanjaro’ Hill.

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment