Sunday, August 16, 2015

City Mile Dash - 5.01 . First Team Home.

A Friday lunchtime run that is new to me was the go and it was into town for the ‘City Mile Dash’ race down at the impressive Barangaroo. Never done this race before so wasn’t sure what to expect although I did know it was going to hurt.
The HuRTS squad have won the team event every year it’s been on (thanks mainly to Tom, Tucks, Stevie T and Durante) but I knew a few of them were out so decided to slip my own little team in to shake it up. Durante’s got the runs on the board so he was first name on the list, not many can beat ‘Q’ so he was always a given, and Crossy Lad is as honest as the days long.
A good warm up with the boys on Hickson before getting the call up to hit the line, With my team alongside C.T, Hoey and a few others we were first off. Holy Moly talk about fast…….. only 100m into it and I was out the back blowing hard. Tried to settle but in truth it was just ‘run as fast as you can’ and try to hold on.
Got a glimpse of the frontrunners on the turnaround and saw C.T in the lead with ‘Q’ right on his tail and would have put my house on my teammate for the win.
Not a lot to write up as it went by in a flash and I crossed the line stopping my clock in 5.01 average pace of 2.59 per/k  Pretty happy with that as I was thinking more 5.10-5.15 before the start.
Had a surprise when told C.T was only good enough for 4th?? Not only ‘Q’ beat him but Crossy Lad beat them both – unfortunately some hotshot then beat Crossy for first place.
Seemed to wait an age before he official results came out and very pleased to hear the ‘TrimwithTim/HuRTS’ team took the honours  and keep the trophy in  HuRTS H.Q.  Just as good was seeing Laura take out the ladies race ($500 richer for her 5 minutes of work), C.T. Hoey. Corky and Laura took out the mixed teams and the HuRTS/Comm. Bank girls took out the female team.

If that 5 minutes was tough then the next 8 hours were pure bliss as we sampled the afternoon in the V.I.P tent as the food and beers flowed. Before heading to the nearby Bungalow 8 for the evening to meet up with Richard Mullaney and Chairman Tommy H. Usual Trash talk followed and I think Tommy H was keen to recoup some $$$ from me and proceeded to ply me with enough alcohol not only to rort me for a bet of just giving me a measly 2.30 handicap start for the Striders 10k but making me lose all senses upon leaving the boozer and in turn losing my mobile.

Brilliant day despite the phone lose , and many thanks to Durante, Quentin and Andy Cross once again in getting us over the line.

A few photos of the day.

HuRTS team winners, Quentin, Andy Cross, The Stallion' Durante and Timmy.

Give us that trophy Matty Anderson, Seen here with 'Q' And Durante.


Think i've found my NEW daytime T.V Show - High 5 member Lauren is certainly my favorite. Might even see if she's keen for a few HuRTS sessions?

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment