Tuesday, August 4, 2015

2 x 10 minute efforts with the Prince.

Rocks up nice and early as usual today and thought it very strange as the clock ticked towards 12.30pm to only find 4 others at the gates and that included Jeet who was doing an alternative 3 minute session and Barts who was knocking out his 1k reps.  Soon dawned  on me that I was at the wrong gates … d’oh.
Still with Prince Ho hanging around and agreeing to run with me it turned out not to be such a bad mistake. The session was 4 x 10 minutes but with Sunday in mind I decided on two, and at least give them a bit of a go.
Went out a solid pace and around half way saw a mass of the team coming in the other direction that confirmed I was at the wrong gates,  the first hill by the pool always gets me but with #2 giving me some advice,  all of a sudden didn’t feel as bad. Pretty much held the pace and ended up just shy of the ‘Sweaty Jock’ statue some 200m short of the Stone Gates for 2.8ks averaging 3.39s
A 2 minute recovery and actually walked closer to the gates as I hoped to go faster on the return leg, and yet again bumped into the oncoming crew at half way. With Hoey running just in front (working it seemed at about 35%) I was happy to not only get back to the gates but finish up near the bubbler beside the Opera House averaging 3.30s (2.88ks)
Called time after that but then had a client to work with just doing some ‘Gate to Gates’ that proved a perfect way to cool down.

Felt pretty good today, let’s hope it’s the start of something for Sunday?

The team were looking strong with NEW captain Thornton running from the front in the absence of Quentin, Barts, Tom, Crossy Lad and Tuckey??? And dare I say it Enda was flying along and I fear I’ve been duped once more in only getting a mere 5 minute start from him come Sunday?
One other bet I got confirmed on Saturday was that Renaud agreed to give me a 2.30 start at C2S, I only really wanted 2 minutes (honestly) but if he insisted ? (C.T was in attendance to confirm)

Rest day tomorrow , and will be back out on Thursday for a few 400m at Rushcutters

*In other news I had a few people ask me ‘which one of Tom’s children comes up with the daily title for his blogs – Charlie aged 6 or Maggie 5?
Seems as if he has to tell us the day of the week that he trains on for his ‘Times like ‘ blog.
The past entries have gone
Monday Meander
Sunday Struggle
Thursday
Wednesday MLR
Back into it Tuesday
Easy Peasy Monday
Sunday Jog
Saturday speedwork
Friday
….Oh God, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment