Thursday, August 20, 2015

1k Reps at Rushcutters rolling every 5 minutes

Stunning day in town as we headed over to the popular Rushcutters Oval, first had to do a 7k easy run around the Domain with a client before racing over to mark the 1k out.
Big team with C.T really leading from the front today and showing what a good runner he is especially now he’s give those Walkathon (Ultras) the flick. The second group was pretty fast as well with the Prince- Hoey, #1 Tom (little Tom that is), Enda, Jerome, Stallion Durante and a few others going along at a good gallop.  I knew the pace was probably too fast for me but I was keen to try to hold on for as long as possible seeing as I am feeling a little stronger these days.
Came home on the first in 3.10 I had it at 1k on the dot but some of the others were claiming short by 20m or so? But still pretty good for me either way.
Rolling off a strict 5 minutes I was working hard for the next couple of reps but found I was holding and not blowing out too much. The 4th felt tougher and worked off Durante as we exchanged places a few times throughout the 2.5 laps and then somehow found something for my final rep on the 5th
The session was x6 but I was more than happy to call time with a solid 5 behind me.
Times for the day were; 3.10, 3.12, 3.10, 3.12, 3.10
The lads continue to run well with C.T running sub 2.55s, Stankard was a good 6 -7 seconds ahead each lap and it’ll be a disgrace if he can’t offer me 1.40 come North Head, Nice to see Erika back with us running well and good luck to her this weekend in the Half, Sammy J was telling me he was running sub3.30s on heavy legs  and Glesso has returned from City to Surf in good shape as he was rolling around in 3.54s per rep.

Will rest tomorrow although got a busy day ahead, before an even bigger evening where I go to watch perhaps the greatest sportsman going around ….. And yes he’s a Stoke Boy. The darts circus is in town and our boy Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor is top of the bill. A customary 12 schooners is the norm just to get in the doors for a night of banter, singing and dress up.

I know Enda is one for jumping on any bandwagon going around but seriously today he was taking it a little far as the NEW English Premier league gets under way. With his Villa boys heading for a tough year ahead he’s come aboard the Stoke ‘European Express’ Bus. Lord, We’ll be having Slim Sammy Agnew sending photos over next from France doing the same.

Typical.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment