Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Keeping my Head Above Water

Out early again and worked with a client for 8ks averaging about 4.10s with a couple of walking breaks in between  the 3 efforts we did before deciding to work a 3k effort by myself at a bit of pace to see what it felt like before Saturday's race.
Made the decision to give the State 10k a go even though it wont be pretty and i am in no shape whatsoever, but I've always maintained to get the good times you have to do the tough yards. (not to mention the p!$$ take that will invariably come with it). I am barely keeping my head above water with my training but am determined to work my way through it in an effort to get some degree of fitness back for the 2nd half of the year when the stakes are a lot greater.
12ks in total for the morning.

So, this weekend is the unofficial HuRTS 10k Championship that trebles up as the State/Striders 10k race over the fast track out at Homebush. I think ALL of the big guns (and Enda) are down to race this one.  I will do a little report and the latest odds to go with it in tomorrows blog, but my early tip is C.T to lead the group home (even though he's not a regular HuRTS member), I suspect Bartles will be first from the more regular weekly guys, . Good to hear my mate Tucks is back , so expect a good run from him especially as he's been training deep in the Valleys of Wales for the past 3 months. Lets not forget the Chairman (Tommy H), who will resume his battles with him as well and can be expected to cross the finishing line within the standard 8 seconds after our Welsh Wizard.

Stupidly got a few bets riding on the outcome - (and expecting to lose the lot) , Again a more detailed spread will come tomorrow but Enda is giving me a measly 2 mins, as is Mikey, Richie Palmer has agreed to 4, Tommy H reckons he could be crossing the Spit Bridge by the time I'm finishing and Laura was seen lining up to have a bet with me after smashing me at Tuesday's session.
..and to rub salt into the wounds, Johnny Bowe has even shown an interest, What is going on?.........all's it needs now is the 'Taxi Man' from Dublin to be on the starting line to finish me off :)

Swim squad tomorrow, not sure where yet but we need a new home for the next couple of months, i best check in with swim mentor Pete Walker............., Oh, Yes, that's another name who will ply more misery on me come Saturday. Where does it STOP? :)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment