Monday, April 29, 2013

HuRTS 10 x 3 Minute Efforts

Normally one of my favourite sessions this one, and i am usually the first to be giving out to those that call it quits after 8, 10 or 12 but knew today i would be doing well to get beyond 10 myself with my overall level of fitness.
Great turnout again and good to see Ireland's #1 Runner back MaccaMcClarnon, as to Mikey after his 17th holiday of the year, and T.Bell after his 12 month tour of Africa, U.S.A, Antarctica, Stoke, and Sth Africa.
Decided early not to smash myself on these and wanted to hold 3.30 pace for each rep. Sat in nicely with Mikey, MrAce, and Macca for the first half dozen before i started to feel the pace a little and worked just behind after that. Had Laura on my tail on rep 7 and we run shoulder to shoulder for the 8th still managing to hold the nominated pace.
9th was a killer and the pace dropped big time but left just enough in the tank to get home for my final one of the day.
Was surprised how many also pulled the pin at that point as well, although in fairness many were already talking about the upcoming State 10k on Saturday so maybe they had that in mind....whereas i was just rooted :)
Pace for each rep were: 3.29, 3.19, 3.25, 3.22, 3.28, 3.27, 3.31, 3.28, 3.44, 3.34


Had a chat with Andy Heydon at the end , Poor bloke is devastated about his team QPRs drop out the Premiership in the footy, Still it will save him about $100 in losing bets to me whenever they play Stoke i guess. Think he was more upset about having to go to Crystal Palace next season.

Also had a very sheepish Fats approach me at one point during the session ( i was coughing up a lung at the time mind) who after snubbing me for the Strider's dinner presentation NOW has a ticket to join his select table......... Excellent, you can tell he felt guilty as he even told me that the much sought after 'Home Brew' is nearly ready and has finally given me a date to sample the famous 'Fats Ales ?
He was even trying to run beside me at one point today with photos of his work in progress, :)
Fats, Pride & Joy..... just need to get the invite now, he may even bake us a cake at the same time?

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment