Friday, July 3, 2015

St Peters ParkRun - 18.45 6th Overall.

Coldest morning of the winter as I was armed with beanie and scarf early doors before heading over to Sydney Park for the hardest ParkRun in the world at St Peters.
Barely felt my feet and hands as I met Greta and ‘Mermaid’ Emma on the start line with at least 250 others braving the big chill. It’s a fast start this one and as early as 500m I was back in 10th spot. Went past a few as we hit the road for the first time and went through the first k bang on 3.30 pace. Had a tussle with some young pup who would fly past me then basically pull up in front of me (Muppet) through till about the 2k mark and then he was toast. Managed to catch the guy who was sitting in 6th about 200m before the ‘Killer Hill’ and despite struggling up ‘Mount Kilimanjaro’ he couldn’t come with me.
Tried to get any lost time back on the down section but I spent most of it in recovery mode, and was basically happy to hold 3.45s for the 2nd part of the run. Never felt comfortable at any time but on the plus side no one overtook me that is always a positive.
Bridged the gap on 5th  spot but couldn’t catch him as I crossed out in 18.45 to his 18.41 for 6th overall.
Solid enough hit out for the morning averaging 3.45s and its about right where I am with my training at the moment so can’t really complain.
Good runs from Greta who won the female race in 19.57 (?) and Emma wasn’t that far behind with 20.30

Managed to find a run partner for the morning, ‘Mr. Happy’ Renaud has been lined up to join me and we will head out from the park on the Coastal Run – Let’s hope its warmer than it was this morning.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment