Tuesday, July 21, 2015

'Getting it Done' 8 x 5 minute efforts

Lovely winters day in Sydney town and in turn it brought another massive showing.  Only notable no show was the Chairman who I fear has ‘given up the ghost’ in trying to wrestle the crown from #1 Barts (and even Hoey) and is perhaps just happy to see the remainder of the year out without losing too much ground?
8 x 5 minutes was the go and even before the start I knew the crowds, trucks & trains on the course and tourists would make for a tough day. With Barts and C.T off in the distance I found myself once again beside Angus, Adrian, Bruce Lambo, about 10 others and surprised to see the ‘Stallion’ Durante breathing very heavy beside me. Rolled around in 3.32 pace and got back slightly faster. Pretty much repeated for the 3rd but found #4 very tough especially coming around at the 4 minute mark when we copped the heavy headwind.
Made the mistake of seeing Barts after the 4th and telling him I’d be doing well to get 6 done. ‘Bugger that Timmy’ came the reply, ‘Just get it done’ were his parting words as we took off for the 5th.
Pace dropped to 3.36 for the next two, and was starting to struggle but I knew I had to ‘get it done’ . Then had a shocker on the start of the 7th rep when I was badly impeded by the ‘Pain in the Ar$e’ guys that were just about to start one of their efforts and I was boxed in. Had the sh!tes for a minute but in truth I think It actually helped me with the last rep. Worked the 7th at 3.49 pace and was perhaps the breather I needed.
Tried to work the final one strong and caught up with mate Glesso around the 3 minute marker, went past then he decided to kick it down for home, brought a brief smile as I thought he may have gone a tad early so bid my time before I gave it my best shot with 60 seconds on the clock remaining.
3.30 pace for the final one but I was spent once done.
Reckon I needed a good 10 minute recovery once done and then it was back out with Barts and C.T for one of those long cool downs all around the Domain back to the Art Gallery.

Great session.


No comments:

Post a Comment