Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Argyle St, Observatory Hill Repeats.

Excuse the language but Farrrkkkkkk what a session that turned to be.

One of the old sessions was back on today that saw the Argyle Street Hill loops return that basically takes you  600m+ from near George St all the way to Observatory Hill and then back down all at pace.
You can tell C2S is just around the corner with nearly all the ‘A Grade’ captains out, Barts, Tom, C.T, Crossy, Tucks, Tonge, as well as the vice captains from B Grade that included Jamie, Mike, Rich, and Wildman.
Started strong and held form for the first 3 or 4 reps before Angus caught me on the 4th rep heading up, Noticed though on the downhill he was cutting short and coming via the stairs, so in an effort to try to stay with him on the hills I started doing likewise. Was struggling by the 5th big time and noticed I was even coming down slower.
I may have slowed considerably by the 6th rep but I was moving  damn faster than Stevie T (Wildman) who I was about to lap. A few kind words in his direction to join me (and run easy) were heralded and at least I had company to get through the torture set.
The first section isn’t too bad a climb, but once you turn its tough and then the final dogleg 80 metres or so is just murder, especially when you have to go on the muddy grass that has you slipping all over the place looking like you’ve just consumed 15 schooners.
I think my quickest rep up was the first in 2.19 but sadly it never got any quicker and I think some even went out as far as 2.31 on the clock. I racked up over 9ks done with the leaders saying they hit over 10k.
Rooted by the end and then forced to endure one of Tom & Barts ‘Marathon’ warm downs once more.

Nice to see Wildman (Stevie T), Rich Mullaney, and Jamie Stewart back out, and from the girls Erica Ekland who despite over 5 weeks holidaying doesn’t look like she’s lost much fitness at all.

Rest day for me tomorrow, and to take a saying from Mikey Conway ‘Well Earned’ especially after the last 3 days.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment