Thursday, July 30, 2015

Rushcutters Oval 8 x 800m (rolling every 4 mins)

Stunning day and after a rest day yesterday I was keen to get back down to Rushcutters for the 8 x 800m session. Decent team with a  pale looking Tom struggling at the front with Crossy Lad and Tucks more than keeping him honest throughout.
Pretty happy to have Angus, Rich Mullaney (who is getting in  some late training in ready for C2S), Adrian Mc, Sam and Leech all around me also keeping me on my toes.
Measured out a course that was basically two laps of the oval although after the first rep many were saying it was running long (830m), happy to lead my little group in for the first two bang on 2.40
Angus was then putting 2-3 seconds on me in every rep after that but I was still coming in on the 2.40 mark. Got a bit big for my boots when I bagged the Leech after the 5th that seemed to upset him as he then showed me a clean pair of heels for reps 6 & 7 to prove that he’s still the man to catch to Bondi (thus giving me 2.25 start on handicap).
I was blowing hard after the 7th and this is where good guy Rich Mullaney come in handy for me, Despite him working as hard he still was offering me plenty of encouragement the whole 800m yelling to stay with him. Somehow did so to end the session with my fastest split of 2.37
Times for the day were: 2.40, 2.40, 2.40, 2.40. 2.40, 2.41, 2.41, 2.37
As consistent a session I’ve managed for a long time and after the way I was feeling on Tuesday I’m pretty happy with that one and hopefully can take some confidence from it.
Rest Day tomorrow running wise , but do have the 1k handicap time trial at the pool, not done a lot of swimming so just getting 1k done without stopping with be an achievement.

Also got the HuRTS ‘In House’ City to Surf draw to be made mid morning at Chiefly Tower, fingers crossed the draw is favorable to me J

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment