Tuesday, July 7, 2015

2 x Woollahra Hill 6k Loops.

Cold and wet but actually thought the drizzle made for good running this morning and I was back in the park for one of the old favorites that is the 6k Woollahra Hill loops that I do.
Pretty much had the park to myself this morning and surprisingly it felt OK from the start today and after the first 1k I was travelling freely.  The pace dropped going up the 700m climb but was happy enough to be able to pick it up once over the top.
As I was feeling OK I then thought I’d try to pick up the pace even more as I started the 2nd loop, got a little carried away at first and soon got back to a sensible pace, worked the hill a little harder 2nd time around and even still had enough in the tank to run a sub 4 minute last one coming back to the cafĂ©.
K splits were:4.38, 4.23, 4.22, 4.26, 4.44, 4.15, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15, 4.10, 4.34, 3.58
52.11 all up for the 12ks average pace 4.20s

Nothing to get excited about but it’s probably the best I’ve felt since the holiday break.

Tomorrow its back down to Rushcutters Oval for 1k reps with the team

Big night tonight in the League for the battle of State of Origin. Not a big fan to be honest (game played by buff heads) although it appears that certain HuRTS members still get excited by it. It appears Jeet has decided to stay in QLD with Phil ‘Buzz’ Rothfield from the ‘Tele’ and got behind the boys for tonight’s game. Just got sent this latest as they prepare for the game – Must be serious as Jeet has his Organic Juice already in hand.


#1 Blues Supporter ..... Jeet.

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment