Thursday, July 23, 2015

P.A.P Friday Swim

Despite a lack of swimming over the past few weeks I was keen to get back today on a perfect winters day if for nothing else then a recovery after the past 3 days.
Nice little team out with Coach Walker, Angus, Leech, Crossy Lad, Champ and Champagne Charlie came down for his now customary 400m – (Price of his swims has gone up now though,  working at $1.50 per 100m these days)
A series of 500, 200 and 100s for the day and I quickly knew my place today, although to be fair I think everyone is struggling due to missing many of the sessions over winter, with the Leech possibly the worst of the lot.
Just about got though it and had enough in the tank to pair up with Angus (giving him another chance) for the 2 x 100m relay, Coach Walker went with Champ and poor Crossy Lad had to endure the Leech. Pleased to report the Boyd/Lindop combination took the honors as we stormed home in 2.51 – thanks mainly to Angus smashing out a quick 1.15
Tired by the end of the session, but happy that I managed to get out and get it done on what is an otherwise recovery day.
2ks in total , including my long warm up before the lads arrived.

Going to try to have an easy weekend (on the drinks/social side) this week and will aim to run over the next two days especially going long again over the City to Surf course once more on Sunday.

Not a lot else to report, although I did receive the following and thought my Irish readers might be interested in this bargain offer:



Have a great weekend
Train well, stay safe
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment