Thursday, July 31, 2014

20ks - City to Surf Prep Training.

Take about running on tired legs.
After a very heavy weeks training I was back out this morning and continued with the Prep work for  City to Surf that saw me out on the course to cover 20ks.
Headed out from the park down Ocean street onto New South Head Rd. Wanted to start to push the pace at the 5k mark at O’Sullivan up the hills and around Military Road to the 10k mark at Dover Heights but the workload from the Tuesday and Thursday sessions prevented that as I seemed to labour my way over ‘Heartbreak’ and beyond. Think I saw a few ks around 4.05, and 4.12 and they were the better ones as the clock ticked over 21 minutes for the tough 5k section to the top.
Was shattered at this stage and was worried about  getting back even allowing for the easier downhill’s to come, somehow got to Double Bay by the ‘Sheaf’ and then have the final stretch and killer of a hill that brings me back to Edgecliff, Never been so happy to have missed the lights that then forced me waiting curbside for a good 2 minutes before crossing and running back up Ocean St and into the familiar grounds of the park.
20ks all up in 91.14 average pace 4.34s –
One of the toughest 90 minutes I’ve done in a long time, only made slightly easier in the fact I had my tunes to listen to for the morning.
Will take the much needed rest day tomorrow and even go easier on the Sunday. One more tough session next Tuesday with the boys before tapering for 5 days till race day.


Well it would be funny if it wasn’t so serious – but I must admit to having a little chuckle when I read this story this morning. Someone won’t be ‘aving a Giraffe when they have to explain this.



Have a great weekend,
Train well & Stay Safe
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment