Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bank Holiday Monday Run.

Went into town today to catch up with the Monday crew, unfortunately it just happened to fall on a Bank holiday for all those that work in the banking industry. Still a good team turned out with the likes of Muzza, Enda, Mickey, Razor, Super Kev, Warrior Charlie and a few others.
Just the normal Monday route around Mrs. Macs, Opera House, Passenger terminal and up Hickson Rd  and back. A good chat with all the talk central to  this week’s City to Surf and it seems as if everyone has their own opinions on who will be first home and who is #1
Unlike Fridays run on tired legs I felt pretty good today – covered 14.2ks in 63 minutes with the boys average pace 4.27s
One final hit out tomorrow down at Rushcutters and the 1k reps that I think is a perfect session leading in, so will be keen to give that a nudge tomorrow.

So City to Surf week yet again and in all my time with the HuRTS team I’ve never known everyone to be in such good form (at the same time).  Everyone is flying at the moment and its possible that at least no fewer than 12 of the top guys can all go sub 48 minutes on Sunday.
A great weekend just past with current #4 Tucks showing C.T, and Tom a clean pair of heels on Saturday to take the age win in the short course x/country, Fats is peaking well coming 2nd, meanwhile even the Taffy Lad ventured north and took out the ‘Dunny’ Half Marathon ( the trophy is an outside toilet – seriously), and Muzza continued his fine training with a  fast 23ks in the National Park. Most impressive though has to be Tucks (yet again) who then backed up on the Sunday and WON a 25k off road race – and has in the process sent Barts into breakdown mode and wasn’t even seen today .
I will predict all the times and how I think it will prevail later in the week, but if I was a betting man then my dosh would now be on Tucks to be 1st HuRTS guy home. He probably won’t like me saying this but here are my reasons.

Tucks is in some fine building form at the moment, he let me look at his GPS data from last week’s Farm Cove time trial
-          The 5k effort was closer to 15.50 than 16.23
-          The last km was 3 mins flat
-          I reckon he lost 15 seconds in the traffic with all the ‘Tammy Tourists’
-          Not to mention the tight hairpin bends

ADD in
-          He run Tom down in the last k on the Tuesday session last week
-          He eats Hills for fun
AND FINALLY
-          Tucks NEVER forgets, he passed me a little note I wrote from the blog  that stated. Barts comment following last year’s C2S… “ You can tell that Welsh Buoy Andrew ‘Tucks’ Tuckey that we have raised the bar to another level and that he will struggle to handle both Tommy H and I when he returns from his Valley holidays’

……Mmmmmmmm, this is going to be one hell of a good event J

Tomorrow I will be giving other tips for the big day

Cheers


Taffy Lad with his winnings from the Dungog Half Marathon, A Dunny trophy and he even gets an upgrade for the night from his sheep with new lady friend.

Cheers

3 comments: