Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's a start at least.....

Wasn’t in the best of moods when I returned to the HuRTS sessions today and it certainly wasn’t about to get any better when I rocked up at 12.25pm to find nobody there and Mikey taking the team down already  150 metres away to a NEW location without telling anyone despite  about 1000 emails saying nothing?
So I was left with about another 5 people including Barts to cover 2ks to get to pretty much the original start near the Opera House gates to begin the 14 x 3 minute efforts that was on the program.
Just about had time to give Mikey a serve and he was OFF, So as I stood around getting a signal and tying laces etc it meant I missed the 1st rep, Then joined in on the 3rd (which I wasn’t too concerned about as I only planned on doing 10-12 at most). Worked the first rep and just sat in with Fats, Skippy Heyden and Tucks who I hadn’t seen for a while sitting at 3.24 pace. Held the next few but where I normally start to feel the pace on this session around rep 8 or 9 I was already gasping after only the 4th so knew I was going to struggle to even get 10 done.
Held the pace for the next feeling terrible but on the upside I was still working all sub 3.26 pace, Decided then on the 7th that one more will do me and worked in with Renaud (Allo Allo) on the 8th to get me home – managed a little kick at one stage and retuned in 3.22s
When running well this is perhaps my favorite session on the calendar, but I am some way from that so it meant I only managed a disappointing 8 reps – Still, it’s a start I suppose.
Good to see a decent team out there including marathon men Enda and Angus backing up from the 42ks only 9 days back, Barts, Crossy , Muzza and Dave Clarke running strong at the front, Not sure what Tucks and Fats were up to  running just ahead of me? And girl on fire Renee continues to improve with each session (think she may have even  been ahead of Mikey?)

Will try to get out in the morning for an easy 12ks
Very tired now and still not felling 100% but hopefully over the worst of it.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment