Saturday, May 13, 2017

5k Centennial Tempo -19.08

Still very tired and had I not lined up Taffy and Birchy for a 5k time trial/tempo beforehand then I doubt I would have stayed in the park once I'd done the 6k very easy with a client.
Taffy was in the same boat as me after another massive week leading up to his Comrades (86k) and Birchy had another massive night..... in the BOOZER.
Set off and straight away I was having problems with my ankle, felt as if I couldn't run and it needed a good clicking? Took about 800m before I was running freely but by the time I went through 1k I was already down on time. Decided then not to force it but to try run it at a more controlled pace even for the hills that were to come around the 3 and 4.3k mark.
In truth never actually felt comfortable at any time and was happy just to get through it in 19.08 as I got back to the café.
Taffy was also down on last week (over 20 minutes) whilst Birchy pretty much pulled the pin at the 3k marker and was already standing back at the café by the time i had finished.
19.08 Average 3.50
Splits; 3.48, 3.49, 3.48, 3.51, 3.50
A flat lap cool down to end to bring up 15ks for the morning.

Enjoyed a coffee and brekkie after with the lads on a beaut of a morning.

Saturday evening staying home in prep to knock out 25ks tomorrow.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment