Friday, April 29, 2016

April 1k Time Trial 'Golden Duck' - 17.09


Last Friday of the Month meant it was 1k Time Trial time again down at the A.B.C Pool and with very little swimming done the past 2-3 weeks I wasn’t looking forward to it.

Only a small team for the final one before the pool closes for winter but all the guns were out to take the final ‘Golden Duck’ for the season.. It says something when first away on handicap was the Leech who normally always swims 16 mins and somehow I was expected to give him some 40 seconds start (I told you those handicaps were a shocker).

Nobody around my start time so spent the whole swim solo that made it that much tougher as I was counting the laps down, Kept an eye on the Leech who I was passing at the same spot each time, as the flyers came past me with ease. Nothing exciting to note as I was just happy to touch the tiles in a time of 17.09 some 40 odd seconds slower than 4 weeks back where I was knocking out PBs swimming 16.25s

Only fitting the winner of the Duck was coach Pete Walker who brings it together and keeps us all in order each week.

Times for the Day

Manly Steve  13.40

Hardman J.C  13.50

Coach Walker 14.30 – Duck Winner

Angus                15.27

Dan the Man  16.01

Timmy               17.09

Leech Eoin       17.17
 
Coach Walker takes out the April 'Golden Duck'
Post swim with Dan, Leech, Hardman J.C, Pete and Manly Steve.


 
Big weekend planned (although not as big as last week I hope), Got a few things lined up and Crossy Lad has given me a special invite to run with him in some remote location ??

In the footy, Only 3 weeks to go and I can see Leicester wrapping it all up this week, think they will draw (or even get beat)  but I can also see Chelski overturning the Spud Boys.

In the BIGGER game at the Brit, Stoke despite already being on holidays will take care of Sunderland. Timmy’s Tip take

Stoke 2 v Sunderland 1
 
Birchy having his latest $180 haircut, spotted again in Edgeclife.
 

 

Have a good weekend

Train well, stay safe

Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment