Thursday, April 28, 2016

5 x 1k Reps Rushcutters Oval.


Glorious autumn day in town, in fact it was too hot as a large team headed out to a freshly mowed Rushcutters Oval for the 6 x 1k reps.  With Nick Roberts, Little Tom, Jerome and a few others leading out I was happy to sit in the 2nd group alongside Brucie, Toby, Hipster Chris, Brendan and Jeet as we rolled through the first in 3.17

Was feeling the pain though as the rolling 5 minutes flew by before we were set again, held the next couple very similar before the effects of very little training over the past week started to come back to haunt me. Lost it on the 4th rep and felt I was about to pass out and was forced to sit the 5th one out (talking to Sammy Johnson) before returning for the 6th.

Amazing what a longer recovery does for you as I was then able to find something and led the 2nd group home to stop the clock in 3.14

Times for the day,  3.17, 3.17, 3.18, 3.22, 3.14

Was dreading this session before the start as I’ve been feeling terrible all week (think I may have overdone it last weekend) but looking at those times I’m pretty happy with how it panned out.

On the positive side I even stayed ahead of Jeet, who I was lucky enough to get a decent handicap start for next week’s State 10k. One of HuRTS fairest men gave me a 2.09 start that I’ll happily take. On the betting stakes ‘The Love Doctor’ Craig also agreed on a small wager, although its ME who has to give the start this time – agreed time of 1.40

Last week I was shouting about what a good week it had been , this week couldn’t have been further from that. Very poor.

 

Can’t finish without a quick mention of the London Marathon, A bit of a mixed bag from the boys. Barts was the run of the day with his sub 2.30 – yes OK I know that I predicted he wouldn’t get under that, but I was more than happy to be proved wrong. Well done to the big fella. Macca run his usual top effort, whilst good mate Sammy Aggers will be disappointed with his 2.51 but should be proud of himself with what he achieves especially with all his family and work commitments he has.

Big downer of the day came the news that Tommy H wouldn’t make the start line after a bad cold leading into the race prevented what I considered a certain 2.28 time being run L

Predicted times         actual time

Tommy H 2.28;54     DNS

Barts          2.34:47    2.29.15

Macca       2.45.30     2.47:51

Sammy A 2.46.39      2.51:16

 

 

Cheers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment