Thursday, April 14, 2016

Tempo, Swimming and 400s


Tuesday .

With the tough weekend run I only planned to head into town with the lads for the 4 x 10 minute session running only at 4 minute pace, Good turnout and nice to see the Chairman Tommy H make a rare appearance before he departs for London.  Pretty cruisy really on the downhill out and just run beside old mate Pete Walker, Hamish and a new girl to the team that I spoke to at the break named Jackie who seemed to be moving well. Faster than I anticipated and was only about 200m short of the Opera Gates working at 3.50 pace. Meant then I had to work as hard for the return on the tougher section but did so getting back to the gates in the same time.

Went out harder for the 3rd rep as I tucked in with a nice group that included Big Ronnie Biggs and found at the 10 minutes I was working at 3.45 pace, didn’t want to overdo it so on the recovery I started to make my way back and was just happy to plod the 4th rep out.

Happy with how I pulled up after Sunday, obviously I didn’t run hard enough?

 

Thursday.

AM Usual 3.2k swim to start the day for a Thursday morning, once again just tried to work on a set pace throughout, Very much like running, started OK but was battling to hold my times later on in the set.

PM. Rushcutters Oval for the double header of a set that was 7 x 400s and the 3k tempo, despite the rain we had a decent showing and great to see Erika back looking in good form as too Renee and Corky O’Connor. Ground very wet and grass even longer made for heavy going under foot and despite feeling OK on the first rep was surprised to see a slower 76 go through.

Picked it up slightly and pretty much held for the remainder to end with a 71

Times. 76, 75, 74, 74, 73, 74, 71.

A short recovery break before the tempo and was keen to hold strong to end the session so tucked in with Brucie Lambert and Brendan (82 minute half on Sunday), came through the first lap (1k) in 3.36 and was happy to hold exactly the same time for the next two to cross out in 10.50 averaging 3.37s

Had a good chat with Barts at the end who was also floating around before he flies out for London next week, Wished him well and despite his ‘Me. Myself and I’ attitude he seems to show to many he really is a decent bloke and you can’t fault his effort and work he’s put in for this race so I hope he gets his rewards and runs well in London.

I’ll be giving out all my London predicted finish times next week for the Chairman, Barts, Slim Sammy Aggers and Irelands toughest Macca.

 

Solid enough two sessions this week, just need to continue with much the same over the next 4 weeks and include those long Sunday runs.

 

Cheers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment