Monday, September 8, 2014

The Timmy Tempo - 45 minutes.

Couldn’t make the HuRTS lunchtime tempo session so was forced to go it alone and do the hard yards solo. Never one of my favorite and even worse when you have no one to work off.
So after a 2k warm up then stood around ponced about for a further 10 minutes getting cold I was all set to go,  Lets felt pretty heavy from the get-go today and even as early as the 3rd k (12 minutes) I was wondering how the hell I was going to even finish? Managed to settle a little after that as C.T, J.Worsick and Paulie Hanley all shouted abuse each time they flew by on the bikes as I more than happy to get to the 22.5 minute half way mark covering 5.75ks (average 3.55s).
Turned for home retracing my steps and worked hard just to maintain that pace. Although feeling shocking I did manage to get back to the start line with 10 seconds to spare – A bloody tough old run but if I’m to be honest it’s still not as tough as the HuRTS lunchtime one, especially as I didn’t have any hills to battle as I came back to the café in the park as we do in the Domain.
So, 3.55 pace heading out and held it coming back for 11.5ks all up in the 45 minutes, Not great but I’ll take that one seeing I was by myself and after a big weekend.
Caught up with good friend Sharonne at the end and did a further 6ks with her, First run back  since her terrible injury on the Gold Coast weekend 9 weeks back saw us trot around at 5min/ks, and good to see her back.
All up just shy of 20k for the day, good to get the ks in the bank.

Returned home to find that England had kick started their European 2016 campaign with a comfortable win against world ranked #8 side Switzerland in Basle, Great win for the boys and I’m predicting big things for this young squad of players in the years to come……Sadly the same can’t be said for Ireland and the Socceroos on what I’ve seen J

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment