Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Midweek Medium/Long Run

No sign of any BRAT /Hardmen (too cold for them), Tom snubbed me for a lunchtime run (not sure why?), whilst Enda’s sniffles go on for a record 17th week, that meant despite the heavy rain I was forced to head to the park early to do the hard yards by myself.
Luckily I bumped into an old friend and knocked out an easy 10ks before deciding to go on for another lap solo,  My luck was to continue then as I run into Pommy Birchy, Dr Skinny Ant and Sonya building  up there ks before Melbourne. Tagged onto them for a good chat with Birchy  whinging once more  - this time about his back, when quizzed why? He told me that he was forced to carry Enda around for 10ks during yesterday’s tempo run.
With the heavens about to open up and not wanting to get his hair wet, the two boys detoured through the middle whilst Sonya and I knocked out a further 5ks.
All up 19ks done for the morning – in around 94 minutes. Glad to get the midweek medium/ long run in and will now set myself for the tough combo session tomorrow of the 20 minute hill repeats & the 5k tempo run, Bloody nearly killed me the last time we did this a week before City to Surf – I can sense more of the same to follow.

Happy birthday to 3 of HuRTS popular and friendliest guys around – Chairman Tommy H, old favorite Richie High (who we don’t see as often as we would like these days) and NEW dad Renaud ‘Allo Allo’ Herington. Have a great day boys and look forward to those drinks tomorrow – Is there any truth in the rumor that Enda is going to stick his credit card over the bar to shout the team a bevvie or two ?

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. I heard Enda had his card cancelled by his wife when she couldn't decipher what was on the credit card statement. Turns out it was those Chinese herbs he bought from Shanghai Charlie for his man flu. Might be up to you Timmy. You should have waited till 9am when the rain stopped Timmy.

    ReplyDelete