Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bar Italia - Carbo Loading

No running for the past two days and instead of an easy lunchtime run I decided to go over to Norton St Leichardt and pay the Italian Stallion Durante’s  family a visit and go to popular ‘Bar Italia’ for a good old carbo load pasta lunch.
So, no running and hopefully I have freshened up for Sundays biggee of the year – City to Surf. Always a big event and even more this year for the HurTS squad  with the added incentive of the teams competition that has been brought into play. I posted the teams yesterday and even 24 hours later I’s still tossing up what team will win it? Personally I couldn’t be happier, drawn in the same team as #1 Tucks who never lets us down, add in the impressive Mullaney & Lambert boys not to mention a big of glamour in the shape of Erika Ekland and we should go close.  I honestly think though that to take it out you will need ALL 5 members to run sub 54 minutes, and this is where I’m hoping C.Ts, Barts and Quentin’s mob will fall down? Muzza’s team could be the dark horse with even the slowest (Anto Yule pretty strong) can knock out a sub 53.

I’ve not been in good shape myself, although I have been doing all the sessions asked and I was happy with the 1k reps last week and got through the 20 min hill repeats ok the previous week.  Not expecting much time wise and if I can break 54 mins then I’ll be a happy boy. Don’t’ normally predict a time going into this race but I’ll make an exception this year – 53.51
The rest of the team as in great shape and really looking forward to see what they can run this year, and more importantly who will be FIRST home?
For what it’s worth (not much), here’s my predictions

Tucks   46.22
C.T        46.27
Clarkey46.33
Tom      46.48
Barts     46.51
Muzza  47.30
Enda      48.21
Angus    49.57
Super Kev 49.58
Taffy      52.57
Timmy  53.51
Birchy   53.52
Renee  57.31


Whatever happens it’s a guaranteed great fun day out, and with the Chairman Tommy Highnam offering us a place in his post race tent with drinks, it can’t get any better,
Will have a full wrap up with all the photos on Mondays blog.

Until then, have a great weekend,
Race well and look forward to having a frothy with you on Bondi Beach, Let’s just hope I get to Enda’s in time and he serves up something better then the burnt Rissole I got last year

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment